Let’s take a moment to soak in the sheer cliché of this post.
Everybody’s mama will be posting something similar in the next few days… if they haven’t already.
But mine will be different. “Why?” you may ask. Blame it on my discovery of Taylor Swift’s newest album, but I am fired up by the subject of change. 2017 was beautiful but it sucked. It was like seeing the BEST MOVIE EVER on the worst day of your period. Or being on the most exhilarating roller coaster at Six Flags and having your glasses knocked off your face. I LOVED 2017, but it left me feeling wounded and lost at times. With every amazing experience, there was one that topped it in anxiety. I am still trying to catch my breath.
Like I say every year, NEXT YEAR WILL BE DIFFERENT.
How 2018 will be different:
- I won’t watch the phone at incoming calls and wait 20 minutes before texting the person who called.
- I won’t lie to them and say I was busy or in the bathroom.
- I will speak up when people call me “Rhonda” or “Miranda” or “Hey”.
- I won’t apologize for things I can’t change or am not responsible for.
- I will immediately put the clothes in the dryer after they are washed.
- I will wash my hair every week no matter how busy I am.
- I will wear makeup every day.
- I will use all of my washi tape before buying any more.
- I won’t complain about work. I won’t complain at work.
- I will not eat any processed sugar.
Okay, okay. You got me. I can’t promise any of these things. In fact, I can promise you the exact opposite. I know 2018 will be full of me avoiding adulthood, irresponsible eating, and lots of planner-related shopping sprees. That’s just me. But what I honestly do want to change about this year is my outlook. I want to live my life and share my story without any compromising. That means I want to share my story my way without feeling like my blog has to hit 200 views a day or my Instagram has to reach 1000 followers. This blog isn’t about that, and my focus will never be on numbers. This is a platform to share my life for those who care to read. If you care to read, READ. If you don’t, that’s fine too. Reading can be taxing, I know.
Another goal I have is to see beauty in my surroundings, to throw myself into my hobbies, and to enjoy my blessings. Speaking of blessings, my husband and I are about to hit 1 year in a couple of months, which amazes me. It hasn’t felt like 10 months has gone by, yet it’s hard to picture how my life was before we were married. Isn’t that crazy? I love the life we have built, the relationship we have strengthened. Yes, this coming year I look forward to minding my own business, enjoying my family, and experimenting with my hair. 2018 will be full of growth, happiness, and selfies. That’s all I want. And a million dollars.
What are your goals for 2018?
See you guys next year!