This is dedicated to a special friend of mine in New Orleans that always inspired me with her cooking. Quiches were her thang and she is the reason I started experimenting once upon a time. For you, Lenora.
Need an easy dinner that won’t take too much time?
Maybe you’re a busy wife or mom and you know that you have less than 15 minutes before the hubby or kids start nosing around the kitchen asking questions and requesting snacks. Maybe you just want something that is on the Comfort Food level that doesn’t require hours in the kitchen or whipping out numerous kitchen appliances. This Bacon, Spinach and Cheese Quiche is for you. I like to call it the Easy Quiche because most (or all) of these ingredients might already be in your refrigerator already! My family in Louisiana loved it when I would make it for them, and now my husband is a big fan. It’s super simple, inexpensive and most importantly DELICIOUS! Below is the recipe.
- 1 pie crust (found in the freezer section)
- 5 eggs
- 1c heavy cream
- 4-6 strips of applewood smoked bacon (already cooked and chopped)
- 1 1/2 c chopped baby spinach
- 1 c shredded mild cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
Prep time: 10-15 minutes. Bake time: 30-45 minutes
LET’S GET STARTED!
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a bowl, beat eggs together.
- Add cream and all seasonings, whisk together until mixed. Set aside.
- Layer pie crust: SPINACH on bottom, then BACON, then CHEESE.
- Layer again: SPINACH, BACON, CHEESE.
- Pour egg/cream mixture on top of layers.
- Bake until quiche is firm and looks golden (about 30-45 minutes depending on oven).